Sunday, August 12, 2007

It's all her fault...

Well whadaya know. After months of reading about a zillion knitting blogs, I've finally jumped on the bandwagon and created my own. I figure it'll be a less expensive way of immersing myself in the knitting world (rather than feverishly checking knit supply websites and trying to divine ways of smuggling packages into the house without my husband noticing :)).

SO!!! A note about the title of this, my first post. I'd just like to say, right off the bat, that this is all the Yarn Harlot's fault. It all started about a year ago, actually. I was at the park with my daughter, chatting it up with my neighbor as we watched our kids play on the swings, when hobbies came up and we discovered a mutual love of knitting.

"Have you read the Yarn Harlot?" she asked.

"Who?" Well, she lent me a copy of the book by the same name, and by some kind of osmosis, her obsession (and I mean that in the nicest possible way) with the craft was transferred to me through it's pages.

You see, up until then, I had been a casual knitter. You know, the kind who only buys yarn when she has a specific project in mind. Who has never heard of the concept of a stash. Who is blissfully unaware of the veritable cornucopia of knit-related blogs, forums, UFOs and KALs. You know, a SANE knitter.

Well, skip ahead one year, and a stash has grown under my bed (and in my closet), I have four projects on the needles at a time, and, I HAVE A BLOG!!!

This being my first post, it's a little bare of photos and the like, but I'll be sure to flesh it out in the coming days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was The Enabler. How deeply entertaining.
Bravo for the foray in to blog-ness. Eager to read more.
Kate-across-the-way (nope. I need a better name - but that'll do for now.)