Tuesday, August 14, 2007

New scale!

I purchased a digital scale this weekend, for the purpose of winding skeins into 2 equal-sized balls, something I find especially useful when knitting socks. I noted Wendy's technique back in the Spring, and with the recent acquisition of my swift and ball winder, I was dying to give it a go.

Here we see a pre-wound skein of STR (from the June Rockin' Sock Club kit) on my spankin' new scale. Isn't it great? It's PINK! Yup, I got me a new scale AND made a donation to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Pretty awesome. Anyway, as you can see, the cake weighs in at 121 g.





Next up, I wound a second ball from the first, keeping an eye on the weight until I had wound off about half the skein.






And Voila! Two roughly equal-sized balls! Now if I can only finish the April kit (I should be finishing sock 1 today).







What did baby Maxime have to say about all this? Not much... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Much applause, and you are officially bookmarked. :) I agree with Mr Hide from the last post, incidentally - the Mango is a stunning colour, and shows the pattern off to advantage. Looking forward to seeing more.