Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Eureka! (and Gasp!!!)



Let's start with the Eureka! I finished the back on Emilie's sweater! There will be some embroidery to embellish the flowers once it is all sewn up, but the back is done. Woo-Hoo! check out the close-up of the cable detail on the top. Very cute, and it gives the sweater a little something extra.

I was feeling a little under the weather yesterday, so I didn't go to choir practice last night and stayed home to watch Heroes instead. Rather than start working on the front (no rest for the weary, blablabla), I cast on a sleeve. I wanted something relatively mindless so I could concentrate on the show (like a sock), but I really wanted to make some progress on the sweater. So the sleeve seemed the perfect solution. Plus, I really just could not face more colourwork (the flower pattern is in the front AND the back - groan).

I've also made some progress on my Gentleman's sock (apologies for the blurriness of the picture, but I'm too lazy to do it again), even though I swore I'd put it aside to begin swatching the Tulip Baby Cardigan (notice there aren't any pictures of that one? Insert evil laugh here). I've decided who they'll be for, and I'm now really and truly afraid that I'll run out of wool before I reach the end (they're destined for someone with a size 13 foot). Hence the Gasp!!! Who'd have thunk that sock knitting could be considered an extreme sport?

Finally, I'll leave you with this picture of my daughter, taken yesterday afternoon upon her return from daycare. After spotting that morning's half-drunk tea on the coffee table (I'm actually renowned for leaving half-full glasses all over the place, I've been doing it since birth - some people call it annoying, I say I'm preparing for an alien invasion*), she promptly requested her own cup of tea. So here she is, quite the Little Miss (minus the white gloves or coiffed hair, obviously). I thought it was adorable.

* If you didn't get that reference (I talk in movie speak), check this out. I'm fairly certain M. Night Shyamalan got the idea from me.

3 comments:

Mrhide said...

Actually, they are half-empty!

Anonymous said...

oh funny mrhide. oh very very funny. :)
(you should test us with future movie refs...but I only say that because I'd have got this one ;) )

Maggie said...

The intarsia work is stunning! So pretty!