Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Wednesday

I really don't have much knitting content to report, since I'm still working on my secret project (check out Ravelry). I should be done within a day or two (maybe in time for Friday's post), and even though I'm going to move on to another Christmas project, this one will be for a non-reader, so I'll be able to post plenty of pictures.

Yesterday Kate-the-Enabler and I had what will probably be out last Stitch 'n Bitch for at least a few weeks. As of this morning, she's now 7 days overdue, and is scheduled to be induced tomorrow morning. If she agrees, I'll post a picture of the new cherub when he finally arrives. I have to say I'm finding this whole waiting game to be highly stressful, and it's really revealing how much of a stalker I actually am. I'm constantly checking out my window (Kate lives across the street), scoping out the action. Is the car there? Is there any movement? Sheesh... At least now there's an end in sight to my anxiety. :)

In other random news, yesterday I was at the computer (where else would I be?), looking to put on some music, when I stumbled upon a song that I absolutely love but haven't listened to in years. Notice how I haven't mentioned which song? That's because it belongs in my Hall of Shame: it's Barry Manilow's "Could it Be Magic". I swear, I've listened to it about 10 times this morning, I just can't get enough. The fact that I'm pretty much embarrassed to listen to this song in public made me wonder what other songs I'd put in my "Corny-Cheesy Songs I Love" list. Here's what I've come up with so far:
  • Barry White "Never Ever Gonna Give You Up" (the whole orgasmic sequence at the beginning of the song just cracks me up. Every. Single. Time.
  • Barbara Streisand "Woman in Love": from the appropriately titled "Guilty" album.
  • Anything by Michel Fugain (this is a bilingual list of shame): Check out this video if you don't understand why I'm cringing.
  • Air Supply "Lost in Love": Honestly. Enough Said.
  • Ginette Reno "Ça va mieux": I'm a sucker for that sweeping, swelling stuff.
I also stumbled on this site yesterday. It's a playlist of Ultimate Cheesy Ballads that really took me back (I LOVED Richard Marx!). OK, so now that I've secured my place as a total geek, I ask you: what would feature in your Hall of Shame?

And since I can't just sign off without redeeming myself in some way, here's a picture of Maxime, taken this morning. See his teeth? Say it with me: Aaaaaaaw!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe we rated an entire paragraph - I'm overwhelmed (and still at home...looks like the induction will go ahead as scheduled - pic of cherub forthcoming...soon)

Hall of shame - Meatloaf. and that 'I guess that's why they call it the blues' tune (Hall'n'Oates?) To redeem myself - heard 'Night Swimming' (REM) on the radio yesterday and got all warm and fuzzy. Still a great tune.

Anonymous said...

ps - great pic of the cute one. Nice teeth :)

Ali P said...

I have Tom Jones in my shame hall. Whats new Pussycat? Whoa Whoa Whooooooaaaaaaah
Also, the Irish Rovers.
PS: Please don't throw things at the dweeb. That would be me.

Jennifer Lori said...

YAY teef! Way to go Maxime!

I'm an 80's music lover, so I have a Hall of Shame list probably longer than my que on Ravelry! Meatloaf is up there, along with Chicago, Dusty Springfield, and, uh...everything on that EW list you posted. :}