Sunday, June 15, 2008

WWKIP et al.

OK, I've got 20 minutes left on my lunch break to sqeeze in this post, so here goes!


You'll be glad to know that I've gotten better at Guitar Hero (I know you were wondering about that). I'm not as proficient as Phil (probably has something to do with me not spending every waking moment playing), but I can hold my own.


Saturday, as planned, I joined Robyn and a few other ladies at Fairview shopping center for WWKIP day. I unfortunately didn't have the heart to lug my ginourmous camera out there (hint, hint!!!), but I DID come through big time in the photo-op department nonetheless. Robyn wanted a group shot of our group, but since she wanted us ALL in there, we needed someone to take the picture. After an initial failed attempt, I pulled out my seldom-used but formerly formidable flirting skills, and got a nice gentleman to take a picture of our group.



(taken with permission from Robyn's blog)

A lovely time was had by all, and look! The attendees even got some free loot! Score!!!


Pictures: some Briggs & Little Regal sock yarn, some dpn's (as well as a dpn tube), a beautiful shawl pin, some handmade dangle-free stitch markers, as well as some Soak, candy and hand cream. Thanks Robyn! (by the way, today is Robyn's birthday, pop on by and say Hi!).

OK, when I got home (an hour late - whoopsee!), I found to my dismay that neither child had napped, despite Phil's most sincere efforts. We packed the kids and all their paraphernalia in the car and headed out to Lachine, to have dinner with Phil's brother and his girlfriend. This is what the back seat looked like when we got there:

Hehehe. 2 very sleepy children indeed.

Dinner was great (as was the Dairy Queen afterwards!), and we headed back home to put the kids to bed (and play Guitar Hero, but you knew that already).

Sunday there was swimming, gardening and laundry to be done, and I had a concert at 2 in the afternoon, so I again had to leave the kids with Phil (probably not his ideal Father's Day, but whadaya gonna do?). Honestly, the day is kind of a blur. DORMA.

Tonight there is no choir practice, so I'm going to head over to Kate-the-Enabler's house for some knitting and Sangria on the porch (not necessarily in that order), weather permitting. We haven't had a SnB in ages, and I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll leave you with this picture of one of my beautiful peonies, taken last week when it was at it's peak. Happy Knitting Everyone!

3 comments:

birana said...

I went to parc lafontaine finally with Biscotte.. and FYI the yarn on yarnharlot for robyn's sock club it's hers. I saw it and many other. Cool gift and tired kids! Me too i want knit and to take a Sangria!

Montreal Mama said...

Glad you had a good time at WWKIP day with the West Island knits!!! It was great to see you!

Amelah said...

Aww I was supopsed to be there!! But i had gone out of town! Next year!!!!