Saturday, December 6, 2008

There's a Good Reason

I know I said I'd do my best to put up a post this week, even though I would be busy. And I really meant too. But then Émilie was sick 3 times on Thursday night, and I wound up staying home with her on Friday (Maxime was fine, so I sent him to daycare). By the time both kids were in bed, I could neither find the will or the way to post.

I had a concert at the Oratoire St-Joseph this afternoon, and the plan was for Phil to drop the kids off at his parents, then come and hear me sing, then we'd go out. A date night. I even wore pretty underwear and those sexy Dim garter hose and everything!

So why am I posting tonight? What am I even doing at the computer at all? Well, Phil's in the upstairs bathroom, puking his guts out, and I'm pretending I can't hear him and hoping my tummy will settle down.

Yup, we're both sick. So much for "date night".

Happy Knitting Everyone!

8 comments:

Montreal Mama said...

Feel better soon!

Sam said...

Remember that when May was younger - and I kept telling Ben : wash your ends, be careful, blablabla.. He ended pucking his guts out and let me tell you: those bugs they pass on to us: they get it pretty easy compare to a full grown adult..

Alrischa said...

Yeah, babies are like... "lalala bleargh... lalala". Adults seem to get it much worse. And I'm sure girls suffer the most (Ü). It's probably just knowing that no matter how sick you are, you still have to take care of everyone!

Take care of yourself Ü

Sam said...

Gee.. I keep mispelling everything these days - even in French !! I must be tired - so I meant : wash your hands and not your ends.. Well, it could be right in that context but that's really not what I meant - second comment I had to redo in the last two days..

Sinéad said...

Oh no! more germsicles in the house! Hope Phil and Emilie are feeling better and that you managed the concerts ok!

Anonymous said...

Oy poor things. Feel better! I hope the kids don't catch it back from you two and start an unending cycle. Don't worry- you can always redo date night.

p.s. garter hose too, huh? *wink wink, nudge nudge*

kate-the-enabler said...

I'm a little late on the comment-sympathy, but it's no less sincere. So bummed to hear you were all sick, and that date night got ruined. I hope you all suffered very little and that Phil's all better for his trip...

Mrhide said...

.. she got sick too, of course. not a pleasant weekend at all. Thank god she was "less sick" then me or as Alrischa said, "she still took care of everybody"... thank you Dear!

..and I'm off to a week of work away from home, leaving her with the 2 kids.. not sure I'll ever see those gartner hose *ever* *again* !!