Friday, February 20, 2009

Again with the Deadlines

Just a quick post tonight, friends. I've had a bit of a rough day, and I'm looking forward to sitting down with a glass of wine and my knitting.

Kate-the-Enabler was over last night for a stitch and bitch à deux... We don't get to see each other nearly as much as we'd like (kids, life, responsibilities...), so it's always nice when either of us can make the trek to the others' house for an evening. If you don't have a knitting friend, no wait, a FRIEND who also KNITS living across the street from you, I hughly recommend you get one. Move, cultivate better friends, what have you. It's quite the commodity.

Work continues on the Pacific Islands stole. I'd show you a picture, except that a) Phil took the camera out tonight* and b) it's still fairly egg-cartony, as lace is wont to do. I took a closer look at the pattern today, and I figure that if I knit on this project 5 nights a week (one night off for choir, one night off because I deserve to work on something I won't give away), I've got to knit at least 1 and a half repeats of the longest chart per day if I want to have it grafted, blocked and wrapped by the time we head down to Florida on April 1st.

Better get to it then :)

* He's at the opening event for a local Kite Festival, the Festivent 2009. One of his kites was selected to be the... what? the mascot? of the Festival, and he's pretty excited (rightfully so). It even made the cover of the local paper! See?
The festival goes on all weekend, so I won't be seeing much of him!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

8 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

Congratulations Philippe on the headlining kite....that's quite the awesome picture...

and as for the rest of the post....
awwww. Thanks. I'm very appreciative of you too (and not just for your ball winder and ability to cast on... ;) ) Thanks very much for a lovely SnB.

I'm glad you're reserving one knitting night for your own pleasure - good luck with the goals on the other evenings. Looking forward to seeing the stole blocked :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mr. DK!

As one who knows from deadlines...(who, me?) I say "YOU CAN DO IT!" (said in my best Rob Schnieder-as-the-sidekick-in-every-Adam-Sandler-movie voice).

p.s. I'm 21 posts behind in your blog. I'm slowly trying to catch up...

p.p.s. Kate- wanna move out to Pointe-Claire? :)

p.p.p.s. I find this amusing- my post word verification is "gasylace".

Alrischa said...

I wish my hubby was into kites. Then he could never tease me about knitting. hehe!

Ali P said...

That is a seriously cool looking kite.
Its good to have knitty buddies near by. Sometimes Audrey and I try an afternoon together but we talk so much that we don't get any knitting done.

Mrhide said...

hey thanks everyone :) ...pictures of the festival if you're interrested are @ http://picasaweb.google.com/philtibo/SaintPlacide#

Phil

Sinéad said...

Love the pics of Phil's kite fest. Especially the octopus kite! I admire you for being so determined to finish the shawl, my lace knitting is very slow, I doubt I'd get it done in time!

birana said...

Bravo for the cover! Very nice kite! stitch'n'bitch even a deux are nice i'm sure! And looking forward for your pacific stole.

Montreal Mama said...

Maybe I should go out and convert one of my neighbors into knitting. LOL. I need someone across the street! LOL