Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Purged

My sincere apologies for my little hiatus there, friends. I was sick as a DOG yesterday, I don't know what it was food, but I had bad things coming out of every part of my body, and it just kept trying to purge itself long after there was nothing left TO purge, you know? I'm leaning towards food poisoning for the time being, because Phil was also feeling a bit... perturbed, but dayum... I just felt awful.

So as you may have guessed, not much knitting got done round here. I ripped out what little I had knit of the Fratello sock yesterday and started over (you know, when I could sit up straight without my head spinning?). The wraps of the short-row heel were really showing, and it was bugging the crap out of me (Hah! Sorry, considering how I felt yesterday, that struck me as funny).

I can't say I'm a huge fan of short-row toes, but the wraps are usually easy enough to conceal when the knit side is on the right side out, but with this pattern, the purl side is right side out, which called for a bit of finagling on my part. Anyway, I'm happy with how it looks now.

Despite my being deeply smitten with this pattern, I might have to cast on for another project to take as my commute knitting. I tried knitting on this project on the metro this morning, but dudes! The pattern is 12 pages long! There are 5 charts! Even the sole of the foot has a chart! So yeah, it was a bit clumsy. I really don't want to knit another stockinette sock if I can help it, so maybe I'll cast on for a hat? So what if it doesn't get worn until the Fall, right?

The Pacific Islands stole was, for the most part, ignored this weekend. I got back to it a bit last night, but honestly I was so tired from my day of purging and purging some more that I barely knit 9 rows on it before calling it a night. Tonight, I promise. I'll work 28 rows. We'll get through it together. Just me, the stole and tonight's all-new episode of Lost.

I'll wrap things up with a picture of my finished Landscape Fire socks. I heart this colourway so much!
Happy Knitting Everyone!

6 comments:

Sereknitty said...

I'm sorry you've been so sick -- and the worst kind! If I were close by, I'd bring you some homemade chicken soup -- it cures everything!

Nice job matching the stripes on your socks! That's not always easy to do :)

Alrischa said...

They are well-matched, aren't they?

Last time I was that sick I was certain I'd thrown up more than I'd eaten for three days. Then I found out I was pregnant...

Ü

...though it was just gastro I'd caught from a patient at my work. Lucky.

Ali P said...

Poor T. My guys have been sick for 3 days now.
Those are some awesome sockses.
I am considering your paint offer. Can you email me with the info of what kind it is etc? I wanna go see the paint chip in person and make sure Cameron likes it.

birana said...

12 pages!!! My gos it's a sock yeh?! The beginning is very nice! Your landscape sock are wonderful! Good to read your feeling better.. for me it's a cold for 4 days now. I speak as a crazy duck! Have a nice WE and 28 rows ;)

Sinéad said...

Love the landscape fire socks. The stripes are fab.
That's one complicated sock pattern, I can see why you might want to bring something else for the commute!
Anyway, what are you doing knitting socks? Back to that shawl woman! I don't care if you're sick, bring it into the loo with you! ;)

Montreal Mama said...

Love the landscape fire socks. I cannot wait to use that colorway in my stash. YUM!

Hope you're feeling better girl!