Thursday, October 22, 2009

Beyond Startitis

As I mentioned last post, my knitting mojo is back. Maybe it's the return of Fall, maybe I'm propelled by my recent sweater-success high... who knows. But I'm deeply smitten with my knitting lately. We're talking deep, DEEP smit, people.

I don't want to call it startitis, because (to me anyway), that term implies that you're just going to put something down almost as soon as you've picked it up, and you're sort of restless and undecided about your knitting. I've got knititis. I want to knit all the time, on a wide range of projects, with each one holding as much fascination and interest as the one before.

So far, I've managed to control my urge to splurge, but really, it's only a matter of time, right? Stay tuned for some guilty yarn pron, heh. Here's what I'm working on right now:

Woolly Wormhead's Marrow Joe hat, technically for Phil, but he might have to tackle me to the ground and wrestle it out of my dead hands to get it. I'm knitting this with Alpaca with a Twist Baby Twist and Noro Silk Garden Lite, and OH my goodness. Seriously? Vertical Hat (new technique!) + Alpaca (soft buttery goodness!) + Hypnotic Noro colour-changing goodness (Ooh! Green! Ooh! Orange! Oooh! Charcoal!) = Heaven. I'm making, like, 17 of these hats.

Ysolda's Ishbel. This is the third time I've cast on for this project, and as the saying goes, this one's the charm. I'm knitting it out of Sea Silk. 'Nuff said. The thing's flying off the needles.

Harris Tweed socks. Knit with my gifted Noro Silk Garden sock yarn. I'm loving how they LOOK, not too sure about how they'll feel on the footies though. Someone NEEDS to get Mr Noro a new base yarn! Just sayin'...

That's pretty much it for now... But there's so much knitty goodness floating around in my head! I want to cast on for this, and knit with this, and let's not forget about this... AND, I still need mittens! There must be mittens, people! I need to get on that...

Happy Knitting Everyone!

4 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

OOh! OOH! Such exciting yarni-ness, and projects-es. Having had a wander through your queue recently (or part of it...) I'm not only excited about the current projects, but also about what you'll choose next. :)

Sereknitty said...

Ha, now you've got the Ishbel bug too! Love that yummy purple seasilk! I agree, that while the Noro colours are amazing, it is a bit 'crunchy' for socks -- perhaps a cashmere lining in the foot?? I,too have the Clothilde pattern in my queue with some red Malabrigo put aside for it -- heavenly!

Montreal Mama said...

Great projects to cast on! Love the Ishbel colors. I loved knitting my Ishbel. Hope you finish it this time!

birana said...

A lot of projects on the list.. all interesting ones ;) And a lovely color for ishbel!