Wednesday, February 17, 2010

International collaboration

A few weeks ago someone commented on one of my pictures on Flickr. She was a knitter from Germany who had been trying to get her hands on some yarn I happened to have in my stash, and she wondered if I would be willing to sell it to her or swap.

Sucker for surprises that I am, I opted for a swap. And earlier this week, my package or German yarny goodness arrived.


A skein of Zitron Trekking Hand Art sock yarn (I've actually had my eye on this yarn for a while, and every time I find myself in the LYS I'm tempted to buy some), and TWO skeins of Lana Grossa Milenweit 100g sock yarn. That's over 900 YARDS of sock yarn right there (I'm going to go out on a limb here and say she's not a sock-knitter, heh), well over 1350 yards when you factor in the Zitron. More than a fair trade for my three dinky balls of Katia Jamaica cotton.

But wait! There's more!

She also included this neat, handmade well... doohickey thing! I've honestly got no clue what it is (maybe a Christmas ornament?), but it's really cute!

Over the past few weeks, we've corresponded fairly regularly, and I think I can say I've got a new knitter friend out in the world. Meet my friend Beatrice, aka Lavendestarfish. She's pretty awesome.

Happy Knitting Everyone!

5 comments:

LavenderStarfish said...

WOW! Thank you so much for the lovely post on your blog. And yes, it´s an ornament but not for christmas. I made a few last fall and sold some at a local art show as "Fall Ornaments" because of the colors! :-D

And you were right. I did knit socks before. So I know how to do that but I don´t knit them on a regular basis. I thought that out of the Lana Grossa yarn, you could knit longer stockings you could also wear with a skirt? So I got more. See, that´s my thing. I always think that one can never have enough yarn... LOL!

Sereknitty said...

Sweet haul!!! You could make both a pair of socks, plus a shawlette (another Ishbel?) out of all that Lana Grossa and the trekking is gorgeous -- definitely all YOUR colours!

Cynthia F said...

Wow lucky lady!! What a great swap!!

Montreal Mama said...

What a great swap! I love Zitron Trekking. That colorway you got is really nice! Red theme going on!

Anonymous said...

Nice booty! I was going to guess "sachet" but then I saw the answer was right there in the comments.