Monday, March 22, 2010

Another manic Monday...

... OK, not really. But I always find myself humming that damn tune every time Monday rears its ugly head. Even though, as you know, Sundays tend to be the really manic days chez Dear.

I was writing my daily missive to my Enabler earlier today, when it occurred to me that what I had written would make a decent blog post. And since a few of you have casually mentioned that I don't post frequently enough (if comments like "Jeez! Did you fall off the blogosphere???? Where ARE you????" can be considered casual), I figured I'd share some of my mental wanderings.
  • Émilie is getting a lizard. A leopard gecko, to be specific. Honestly, I'm not too sure how to feel about this. She's been asking for one for a while, and Phil, being the mushy dad that he is, finally caved and got one for her. Now, if only he could find a unicorn! THAT would be REALLY nifty, heh). He's picking it up tonight, so that'll be a hoot. I've already told Émilie that I will NOT be cleaning it's terrarium. "Maman only does mammals" I said, to which she replied "Well, a leopard IS a mammal, maman". Smart kid! Yeah, nice try, I don't THINK so. I swear, I'm already wondering if there will be karmic repercussions to the fact that we have to feed the damn thing 12 live crickets a week. *sigh*
  • To my great chagrin, our cleaning lady has decided she can't do house-cleaning anymore, she's got too much other stuff/contracts going on. I'm happy for her (it must SUCK to clean other people's messes, let's be honest), but I'm really BUMMED about losing her. She was awesome. She's here today, then once more in 2 weeks, then Sayonara! I gotta start looking for a replacement...
  • I didn't knit a stitch last night. I just sat on the couch with the laptop and tried to get caught up on my blog reading. I'm looking forward to a long session with the Honeybee (which I still have to tink back some) tonight.
  • I've decided to keep the damn dress*. I like it, it looks good on me, I'm keeping it. I'll find an occasion to wear it, even if it's at home while doing the ironing. Hah!
Happy Knitting Everyone!

*I bought a dress this weekend, which I thought was totally suitable as work attire. Phil told me it was "inappropriate", Kate-the-Enabler told me it was "leggy - but beautiful", while Chris-aka-Lemondrop asked me "do you want the other women in your office to hate you?". So that's a big FAIL on finding a dress for work. Ah well...

10 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

You would think, having received such an excellent missive, that the Enabler would have written back IMMEDIATELY - but sadly such is not the case - the Adorable Miss B. is suffering from the snuffles and was exceedingly demanding today (again). Response to email will however, be had. Thank you for your patience... :)
(and I meant leggy in a good way. You have very long legs. They look great in the dress, which is a really lovely colour and has such a pretty drape/detail in the front...)

kate-the-enabler said...

ps - I often also get the Boomtown Rats in my head... I don't like Mondaaaays. I don't like Mon-day-ays.

Sinéad said...

There previously may have been a chance that I may have visited chez Dear if I was ever in the environs. That chance has evaporated now that there is a cricket eating lizard in the residence. *shudder*
If you're not going to wear the dress to work, then Phil should take you out on the town to show it off :)

oh and I second the Boomtown Rats. Well, I would have to, them being fellow Irishmen!

Montreal Mama said...

A lizard - eh? Fun! You know who's going to end up cleaning it, right? Or you can get Phil to, since he was the one who got all mushy and agreed to it! Crickets? Fun. That would never enter my house!

Can't wait to see Honeybee done!

Cynthia F said...

Honeybee is looking fab!!
And I agree with Robyn about who cleans up after Mr. Lizard!

Sandra said...

On another note - Cassis has great contemporary work clothes and that's where I would shop if they would have my size... www.cassis.ca

Mrhide said...

mushy?! nha.. Emilie's doing grrreat in school and besides, Mom who was all against it is warming up to Josée already!

Emilie and I made a deal: we'll both pick up the poo! and besides, crickets are pretty crunchy so it will come out dry :)

2.50$ for a dozen crickets... damn! we need to learn how to breed them!

I hear they also love roaches...I bet they are easier to breed?

Sereknitty said...

In my previous life, I worked for a veterinarian. In my interview, he asked if there was any task I didn't care for. I informed him that "I don't do reptiles" ... thankfully, he said "neither do I"! More power to you!
The dress sounds intriguing ... any chance you'll be modelling anytime soon?

Alrischa said...

Wow, we have about a million grasshoppers in the paddock right now. Sorry I can't give you a bucketful.

Even sorrier that noone would pay me $2.50 a dozen for them!! hehe.

Amelah said...

Maybe you could wear the dress while you clean your house? LOL Just kidding!!

That sucks losing a cleaning lady!

Good luck with the lizard! Hopefully you don't ever wake up with a surprise in your bed!!! Make Phil feed & clean it since he agreed...?