Saturday, April 3, 2010

I have proof

Well! That didn't work out quite like I had planned, did it? Leave it to me to make a big deal about posting more often, practically writing a mission statement about it, and then, um, not posting for 5 days... (and for my next trick, watch me stick BOTH feet in my mouth!).

Yeah, things have been hectic. But the good kind of hectic (mostly). Work is good, the kids are healthy, and we're just... busy with this crazy thing called life.

So I haven't been blogging. BUT! Rest assured, I HAVE been knitting. And to prove it, I thought I'd share a few finished objects that have yet to make an appearance.

First up, the Zaphod Beeblebrox sox.


Like Zaphod, they're wacky yet incredibly stylish, and of course the left foot doesn't know what the heck the right foot is up to, so they're fraternal twins, not identical. Knit with Crazy Zauberball sock yarn, they may be plain vanilla socks, but they're simply AMAAAAAAAAY-ZING, baby.

Next we've got Maxime's Blue Dino Hat (aka Roar) which, like each and every hat I've ever knit for him, has proven incredibly difficult to photograph, mainly because he Just. Wouldn't. Wear it. (he does now, but I felt asking him to model a wool hat when it was 25 degrees would be cruel and unusual punishment just so Maman could get a nicer picture for her knitting blog).

Don't believe me? Notice what his right hand is doing in this picture?


Thank GOD the new camera has a fast capture setting, heh...

And last but not least... I finally finished Honeybee :)

OK, I guess it won't really be finished finished until I get the buttons sewed on (still waiting on my order from Jennie the Potter - I can't WAIT!), but the knitting? Done. Bound off, grafted, woven and blocked. DONE!!! It fits great, and it might just be THE finished object I'm most proud of so far in my knitting career. Stay tuned for many artsy fartsy photos in the days to come :)

Happy Knitting Everyone!

6 comments:

Alrischa said...

I Love the Honeybee... the color, the style, the pattern... Great job on it :D It will look beautiful on you, with new cute buttons.

I love the dino hat, too, and the Zaphod socks! Aren't kids funny about being photographed? It's like a game called "Let's annoy Mummy Tee Hee Hee".

Maryse said...

All 3 FOs look amazing! I really like the colors in the socks! This is gorgeous yarn! The dino hat is super cute, and well, Honeybey is absolutely gorgeous! Look forward to see it with buttons and modeled! The colors are so nice! Hope you are having a happy Easter weekend!

Sereknitty said...

The dino hat is adorable, as is your son!

Montreal Mama said...

Great socks! I love Zauberball!

Love your honeybee. Can't wait to read your post with you wearing it! And his hat is sooo cute. LOVE the color of it. Too bad he doesn't really want to wear it. Hopefully in the fall when it gets cold again he will want to. My kids both love theirs. Mack got mad the other day when it was too warm to wear it. All I heard all the way to daycare was "hat! hat! hat!"

Anonymous said...

Love the socks, LOVE the name. (Left a comment on Ravelry)

birana said...

isnt it nice to have a good camera :)funny hat! I'll add it to my boys pattern list ;)