Saturday, June 12, 2010

What else...

Well, now that I’m done being a drama queen, how ‘bout we talk about knitting?

Feeling the way I have lately, I’m rather surprised there isn’t more knitting progress to share, to tell you the truth. You’d think I’d be embracing the soothing familiarity of it and projects would be flying off the needles, right?

Still, there are a few things in the works. I finished the first Wednesday sock and am about halfway through the leg of the second one. These are definitely going to be getting a primo place in the sock rotation when they’re done. The colour, the stitch pattern, the yarn… there’s NOTHING I don’t like about these socks. And the fit! It’s like they were MADE for me! (Knitter humour – Hah!)

Much as I adore them, they’ve been moved to the back-burner in favour of a more pressing project: a new cardigan for Émilie.


The Tiny Tea Leaves cardigan, using Dream in Color Classy in the Cool Fire colourway. Simple, elegant, and by all rights it should be a quick knit. And no seaming! Who doesn’t love THAT?

Happy Knitting Everyone!

8 comments:

kate-the-enabler said...

The Wednesday sock is gorgeous... I feel a yarn order pending!
I also really like the tea leaves cardi, both in adult and child sizes - she'll look lovely in it.

Alrischa said...

Émilie will look pretty in that pink. I'm doing pink knitting for Jasmine at the moment, too. Nice to have a little girl handy for 'pink knitting moods'. lol.

Sandra said...

I am sending you good vibes about the cardigan.
Just hoped it will not be jinxed as all the tuques have been ;)

Sandra said...

Nice sweater that model btw.

Maryse said...

This little pink tiny tea leaves is adorable!

Sinéad said...

Love the little cardigan, really pretty. Émilie will look great in it. :)

Sereknitty said...

That is so cute! I have it queued as well ... but after the last debacle I haven't had the motivation to get started. Hoever, there seem to be a lot of girl babies on the way, so I'd better get busy!

Jennifer said...

That's going to be adorable! I don't know which pattern came first, but I've loved that increase-decrease gather ever since I first saw it in Knitty's Citrine (or whatever the green shawl was called).