Saturday, July 24, 2010

Let's indulge

I often feel bad about the pictures I post on my blog, in that either I don't post ANY, or the ones that I do post aren't as Brooklyn Tweed-y as I'd like them to be. It bothers me so much, in fact, that when I actually HAVE pictures to share, I tend to hoard them so I can spread them out over multiple posts, so that y'all will have something to do besides read my silly ramblings.

I'm very tempted to do that tonight as well, but you know what? Let's just go with it. I've got a CRAP load of eye-candy for you today, and I'm just going to lay it ALL out there. We're going to stuff ourselves, we're going to over-indulge. Shall we?

This morning Phil and I took the kids to a local purveyor of all things garden-y(I don't really want to call it a greenhouse or nursery, this woman sells annuals and perennials and vegetables from the old barn beside her house) where you can also pick your own raspberries. It's something I don't recall ever doing as a kid myself, and it was the first time we've taken the kids. It's literally a 5 minute bike-ride away, it was a nice morning, and we just thought "Why not?"

Can I just say? I don't think there's anything better than berries right off the bush, do you? The kids certainly didn't seem to think so!

Phil seemed to agree with them too! TeeHee!

Contrary to the ginormous berries we buy at the supermarket, these babies did NOT stay on our counter for long after we got home! Nom nom nom...

After lunch I took Émilie to a movie, after which we visited my mother and took a few minutes to do a proper photo shoot for the recently completed Tiny Tea Leaves cardigan (finally!!!)

Feast your eyes...

Knit with just under 2 skeins of Dream in Color Classy in Cool Fire, this cardigan was really a breeze to knit. The only modification I made was to add a third button-hole (I'd seen similar modifications on Ravelry, and I liked the three-buttoned version better) and to add a little length for the size I was knitting. I finished it off with some vintage buttons my grandmother gave me a few months ago. All in all, very happy with this project, and Émilie likes it too :) That makes it a winner in my book!

Happy Knitting Everyone!

8 comments:

Sereknitty said...

Too funny! I'm knitting that very cardi as we speak ... in RASPBERRY madelinetosh!

Beautiful job! Emilie is clearly enjoying it very much.

kate-the-enabler said...

What a wonderful gluttony of photographs - thanks for spoiling us :) - The tiny tea leaves looks superb in photo and in real life. Emilie's hair looks super cute - did you do that? And there are really enough raspberries at that place to support a genuine pick yer own? You guys didn't clean her out? ;)

Alrischa said...

Look at that head-tilt pose... what a little gorgie! Oh, really nice knitting too :) I loved berry-picking when I was a kid, though I only remember doing it a few times. They taste gooood, don't they? Our tiny, misshapen, homegrown tomatoes are the same. Fresh...

Maryse said...

Nice pictures! I love the little Tea Cardigan. It's so pretty in pink!

Chantal Boucher said...

Vraiment joli le cardigan tiny leaves,et encore plus jolie la pitchounette dedans!

Sinéad said...

Ah, pick your own fruit. Fond memories. We used to pick everything. Apples, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries & potatoes. Although the last one wasn't so nice for stuffing your face while you picked. :{
Émilie looks great in her photoshoot, and the cardigan turned out fantastic!

Jennifer said...

I commented on the photos on FB, but not Emilie's cardi. So sweet! Girl clothes are so cute to knit, all pastels and frills and details. I don't think my boys can pull off a "3 button" look. :D

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Great tea leaves! She looks so cute in it. Love the color too.

We totally missed anything picking this year. Strawberry, raspberry... oh well, next year. Do hope to take the boys apple picking though. On the list of things to do, as long as someone can come with me to lift the boys, since I am not allowed.