Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Where's the knitting?

I've got a confession to make: I'm kinda ticked at the fact that, even though I *think* about knitting pretty much every day, it seems like lately I don't really get to DO it that much. I think I've only managed about 10 rows on my one and only active WIP in the past week! Days are for working, evenings are for soccer, running, blogging, catching up with friends, etc., weekends are for running errands and being with family. When do I get to KNIT, darnit??? I was über-excited to have the evening to sit and veg out on Monday, but after folding 3 loads of laundry all I managed was 2 rows between talking on the phone and my kitten eating my yarn. *Sigh*


So I've got no pretty pictures of FOs to share - again - even though I've got 3 that I have yet to blog about. What I DO have are some pictures of me water-skiing! (I know... it's a bit of a strange segway, but it's my blog and I'm running with it, so there).


This summer has been the shiznits as far as boating has been concerned, mainly because we had little or no snow in Winter and little or no rain in Spring, so there's little or no water in the river (see how that works?). But after a few fairly heavy rainfalls over the past few days, Phil deemed the river to be "OK", so off we went for a boat ride.





Now, when Phil and I started dating, a BIG part of our summers was spent on the boat, water-skiing and wakeboarding. I loved the fact that, contrary to sports like, say, downhill skiing, this was something we could actually DO together, but each at our own level of proficiency (ie: breakneck speed and crazy-ass jumps for him, moderate speed and casual turns for me). But since getting pregnant with our daughter Émilie (who's turning SIX in a few weeks!), I hadn't been. Phil went occasionally while I stayed home and took care of the kids. It happens.

Well, on Sunday we both decided that that sucked ARSE, and I put on my skis and went for a ride.


Turns out water-skiing is like riding a bike: you never really forget. I was up on the first try, had a good run (for me), and didn't even get my hair wet when I let go of the rope ('cause I was tired). I had fun, re-discovered something I used to really enjoy, and most of all? I impressed the CRAP outta my kids, heh.

Happy Knitting Everyone! (if you're lucky enough to GET to knit! Grumble, grumble...)

ps: Oh! An update on the 2010 for 2010 Challenge! I put aside 75$ this Monday (Yay!). I now have about 4,47$ in my purse and 13,73$ in my bank account until my next paycheque (Boo!).

6 comments:

Sinéad said...

That looked like so much fun! I'd be scared out of my wits, but secretly I'd love to try it :)

Alrischa said...

I thought you'd at least do a bit of sock-knitting back there! What's this blog coming to? Can't you fit half a sock and a set of dpn's in the teeny weeny bikini, and hold the bar with your foot or something? lol.

Actually, I'm jealous. I wish I had a sense of balance!

Laurie said...

What fun! Yeah...it's hard to find time for knitting when you have a knitting blog. Whodathunkit? ;-)

Ali P said...

YEAH! I knew you could do it (the money goal) Way to go.
You know what might help is having a plan to not spend a certain denomination when it comes into your hand. I did this with Toonies and amassed about 300$ in about a year. I knew a woman on a pension who did this with $5 bills...if she got one in her change from a purchase or something it went into a special envelope...in a year she'd saved about 1000 dollars.
I think its great that you guys are out doing fun stuff! Knitting can wait for colder weather. Have FUN!

Jennifer said...

You're a rock star! I haven't waterskiied since camp years ago.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

So jealous of water skiing! I haven't been in years! Looks like fun! Who has a boat?