Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Non-Cookie

A while back Kate-the-Enabler and I combined forces to purchase the lovely Cookie A.'s Knit. Sock. Love. (Wow! What IS it about socks, anyway? Just looking up the link for the book made me want to buy sock yarn. *Sigh*) She'll get the autographed hardcopy version, since I already own a Cookie A. book (don't argue with me, Katherine!), and I'll get the PDF version.

Anyway, all that to say that we were stoked. Totally stoked. We talked about how we'd cast on simultaneously for our socks once we got the book. We planned, we canoodled, we discussed yarn options and whether there was something truly Cookie-worthy in our respective stashes. (What? Knitting socks is serious business, you know).

But see, here's the thing: even though we were are totally commited to embarking upon a glorious joint journey into Cookie-Land, we're still KNITters with a capital KNIT, you know? I mean.... it's not as though we went into suspended animation or anything while we were waiting for the book to arrive. We continued to frequent Ravelry, we were exposed to other patterns, and, well..... things happened.

I cast on a pair of Estonian Socks, and Kate is still deciding between a few, non-Cookie options.

So there you have it! We're having a "We just bought the new Cookie A. book but we're knitting something completely different!"-KAL. Join us, won't you?

Happy Knitting, Everyone!

ps: Pictures of Castlegar are coming. The weather here has been pretty crappy, and call me crazy, I didn't really fancy modeling in the snow/hail/rain we had this weekend.

5 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

I got the book too - it's great - eh? Can I join the "let's knit different things at the same time KAL too?" LOL ;) I need something to push me to knit a stitch.. it's been... a while since I've actually knit something :)

kate-the-enabler said...

Well now. Twist my rubber arm, why don't you :) - you at least have to browse through the book before you force it into my willing hands - deal?
I DO like this KAL, and I've come to the decision that I want to knit the Clover socks - probably using some Projekt B yarn that surprised me by forcing its way past all the other sock yarn and throwing itself into my hands in the most wanton way.
I'm having some trouble casting on however, since I have this dragon hat that must get done for Christmas and we've been, well, under the weather again the past few days. Looking forward to a Knit Night as soon as we can declare ourselves no longer infectious...... ;)

Caroline said...

I really need that book too. I have Sock Innovation and I love it.

Maryse said...

Quel suspense pour le Castelgar Cardigan! Je suis due pour tricoter des bas... mais à la place, je lis des blogs et je change d'idée à toutes les 2 minutes! J'ai hâte de voir vos Non-Cookie socks!

Sinéad said...

I am so jealous. I'm consumed with it. I saw the proofs for this book when I took Cookie's class at Knit Nation during the summer and the photography looked fantastic. I bet it's great!