Friday, March 11, 2011

It IS easy being green

As depressing as snow in March tends to make us, rain is worse. March rain isn't happy, dew-like rain that heralds the imminent arrival of Spring. No, this is cold, ice-producing, generally sucking-your-will-to-live wetness. Yesterday's snow storm turned into a steady downpour of rain and sleet mid-morning, turning the roads (and the hearts and minds of every Montrealer) into a slushy, disgusting bog of doom and despair (OK, so I may be exaggerating a little).

Luckily for me, the postman had delivered this month's Solids Club shipment, and it was just the perfect thing to lift my spirits and put a smile on my face.


Green. Glorious, happy, vibrant, symbol-of-renewal-and-rebirth green. I was, to put it mildly, pleased as punch.

I've already earmarked one of the pieces (I got half-yards of each) for my next project: a cute apron for Émilie, as she's starting a cooking class next week at school. It's my first "real" sewing pattern, with those weird paper-thin cutouts that pissed me off to no end in my home economics class way back when, but I'm totally looking forward to it. That green, those flowers.... rain? Bring it on.

Have a great weekend, Everyone!

p.s. : I'm about 5 inches down the leg of the second brown sock. Ooooh. Aaaaaah.

5 comments:

Cynthia F said...

Ooooh nice greens!! You'll have fun with those!!

Sinéad said...

Gorgeous shades, they'd suit Émilie really well. I love aprons. I have great memories of my aunt who used to sew one for my mother for christmas every year. She has a pile of them in the hot press. I wish I could make one too.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

LOVE the greens!

I can't wait to see the apron done! She's going to love it. That is so awesome she's doing a cooking class at school. Is she back full time at school already?

Dawn said...

The greens look so cheery...can't wait to see the apron!

Laurie said...

What lovely, cheery colors!! Sounds like you are having "Ohio Weather" up there. Ugh... Praying for a lovely April...