Friday, June 10, 2011

Good Mail

Fellow Canadian CrafteristasTM, do not despair, for I bring you proof that , despite the Canada Post strike, it is indeed still possible to have one's spirits entirely lifted by a Really Good Mail Day.


Quince & Co. Tern, aka my Congrats-on-running-the-half-marathon! yarn.



Assorted fabric bundles, to be used in the We can do it! Skill Builder Sampler I'm starting next week.


I'm still waiting on a coupla goodies, but still, that was a pretty yum mail day. Am I right?

With no active projects on the needles (What's that about a green scarf? What??? You're breaking up, I can't hear you!!!), I was free to swatch and cast on with the Tern pretty much as soon as I opened the package. I'm (finally) going to be making the Akoya cardigan. Insert happy sigh :: here ::


When I'm not busy sewing, of course...


Have a great weekend, everyone!

9 comments:

Celia said...

Awesome yarn color!

cauchy09 said...

wow, that yarn looks heavenly.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Great choice for the cardigan.

Damn that strike, eh? It's damn annoying, especially since we rely on Canada Post as there isn't another option!

Glad you got some good mail despite the strike!

Marie-Michèle said...

goot thing you mentionned the green-scarf-that-cannot-be-named, coz that would have been my comment, of course. you mean you only have a project at a time on the neddles? seriously?! I guess that means I have knitting ADHD!
mm

Maryse said...

Quelle bonne idée une belle récompense comme ça pour ton demi! Ça va te faire un autre beau petit cardi!

Cynthia F said...

Woohoo! You're a quilting star- I can't wait to see your sampler- what a fun way to learn the techniques!

Alrischa said...

That blue lifted my spirits up a bit as soon as I saw it... lol! I think Akoya is worthy, though :D

Sinéad said...

Oh be still my heart! That yarn is serious goodness. Akoya is going to look amazeballs in that. And the fabric! ooh.

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh that cardi is going to be freaking awesome! I can't wait to see sewing progress too!