Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Twofer

It's Back to School time  chez Dear (or First Day of School Ever time, if you're Maxime), so the days are long and the evenings are... yeah.  What evenings?  *Sigh*

How about we look at some knitting?


These are the latest socks in progress, knit out of Madelinetosh Tosh Sock in the Candlewick colourway (I may have mentioned previously that I have a thing for yellow).  The stitch pattern is the Eyelet and Flame Chevron from Vogue Knitting : The Ultimate Sock book, and I'm sort of fudging the rest of the sock as I go along.  I'll get into the process by which I came to select this particular pattern in another post, but for now the important thing to know is that I'm... totally fracking obsessed quite motivated to have these finished by August 31st, in order to qualify for the August Solid Socks KAL.  The fact that it's *cough* highly unlikely that I'll achieve the goal is totally irrelevant.  I am knitting like the WIND, people. 

Yup, absolutely nothing gets me going like a potentially unrealistic objective.  I find them extremely compelling.  What can I say?  I'm a complex woman.

******************

This past weekend, I made muffins for the kids' school snacks.  They eat hot lunches at the cafeteria, but we still have to pack about a zillion snacks for them every day.  Needless to say, there can be no ding-dongs, ho hos or twinkies in their lunches (ho hos... *snicker*).  But I still want to give them a little touch of sweetness.  Hence, muffins. 


As I took them out of the oven, I thought to myself "I know!  I'll make them muffins every week!  Not only that, but I'll try a different recipe every week and share it on the blog!  Brilliant!!!"






So!  Here are this week's muffins.  Blueberry Bran Muffins, the recipe is (how embarrasing) from Kellogg's.  One week down!  39 to go.

What was I saying earlier about potentially realistic objectives?

Happy Knitting, Everyone!

5 comments:

Alrischa said...

Oh, no! Don't start muffin-enabling!!!

(Don't listen to me. I secretly love muffins.)

Candlewick is a pretty yellow.

Dad said...

may I have mine sort-of-sliced heated and with just a hint of butter (sufficient to ooze but inadequate to drown) - better yet may I hacve 2 - Oh I have a muffin mania cook book wouldst thou liketh same? Love Bumpy (aka Dad)

Celia said...

I love the color of that yarn!

Jenntly Juniper said...

love your humor. So, these muffins taste good? School starts next week and maybe I can be a nice mom for a week or two in the muffin category.

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Oh wow, ambitious?! Muffins every week? Sean doesn't have a hot lunch program, so I have to pack his lunch and snacks every day.