Yeah... for the past month and a bit, logging the progress has been... shall we say... difficult? Embarrassing? Not because I haven't been running (I have. Not as much as I probably should, but I have). No, the problem is that I have to face The Blog to do it. The Blog. This space that I haven't contributed to for months. MONTHS. The SHAME. Ugh.
Here's the thing. My evenings are short and my ME time is precious. When faced with the choice between knitting and writing about knitting, I'm going to go with knitting, you know? Hence, no blogging.
But every now and again, I catch myself thinking about a project or a pattern, or hatching some crazy scheme, and I think "this would make a good blog post". So I guess I haven't really gotten this whole blogging thing out of my system after all.
I'll try to fit it in. Somehow.
So what have I been up to lately, you may ask? Well, I've been knitting. And thinking about knitting. And thinking about what I want to DO with my knitting this year.
I love setting
So! Here are my goals for 2013:
- Knit up (drum roll please) 15,000 yards in total. Yup. Just over 13km worth of yarn. I can totally do it. Right?
- Knit 12 shawls. To this effect, I've joined the 12 Shawls Forever group on Ravelry. 'Cause, you know... Peers are good :)
Shawl the First: Wendell Holmes, by Corrina Ferguson.
- Try to use some of the vintage stash. Also in the "Peers are Good" category, I'm participating in Stash and Burn's Use It or Lose It project.
Neon Ski Bonnet, by Lacey Volk. Knit with some Shelridge Farm W4 Soft Touch I purchased at Rhinebeck. In 2008!
- Knit all the shipments from the Cookie A Sock Club (oh yeah.. I signed up for the Cookie A sock club!)
- Knit an additional 9 pairs of socks, for a total of 15 pairs in the year.
I also have a few stash enhancement goals, but they're more "guidelines" than strict rules. Basically, I want to make sure that more yarn makes its way OUT of the stash than in, heh. 'Cause, yeah... I've got a lot of yarn. Ahem.
What are YOUR goals? How are you doing so far?
Happy Knitting, my friends!